GIPSY-OASIS, or GIPSY, is the GNSS-Inferred Positioning System and Orbit Analysis Simulation Software package. GIPSY is developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and maintained by the Near Earth Tracking Applications and Systems groups.
- Analysis of data from Global Navigation and Satellite Systems (GNSS):
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Russian GLONASS
- French DORIS
- Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) system
- Precise centimeter-level GNSS-based positioning and timing:
- Space platforms, including low-Earth orbiters and GNSS constellations
- Terrestrial (ground) stations, static or moving
- Time transfer
- Single high-level user interface supports majority of precise positioning applications
- Single-receiver ambiguity resolution using JPL's GPS orbit and clock products
- Documentation accompanying software modules, and online help
- Training at annual GIPSY user group classes, and online
- Hundreds of research and educational users in more than 20 countries
- Builds on more than 25 years of JPL experience with GPS data analysis
- Terrestrial positioning for geophysical research:
- Earth deformation, plate tectonics
- GNSS Networks (e.g. PBO and SCIGN)
- Ice flow
- Climate studies through observation of troposphere and ionosphere
- Reference frame (geocenter and scale) and Earth rotation parameters
- Airplane positioning
- Precise orbit determination
- Low-Earth orbiters: Topex/Poseidon, Jason-1, Jason-2/OSTM, GRACE, Champ, SAC-C, COSMIC, Space Shuttle (e.g. SRTM), Commercial Satellites
- GNSS constellations including GPS and GLONASS
- GIPSY version 6.3
Release Date: March 26, 2014
Enables single-receiver ambiguity resolved positioning with JPL's orbit and clock products for the GPS constellation. Adopts IERS2010 standards.
- 2013 GIPSY User Group Meeting
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2012
Time: 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Location: San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel
55 Fourth Street, San Francisco, CA 954103
Room: Nob Hill A-C.
- Operational GPS Orbits and Clocks
Adopts IERS2010/IGS08 standards. Includes Rapid GPS High-Rate Clock Products with 30-second sampling.
- Ultra-Rapid GPS Orbits and Clock Products
< 2-hour latency, 5 cm accuracy, and updated hourly. Available here.
- Reprocessed GPS Orbits and Clocks
Reprocessed products with IERS2010/ IGS08 standards available for August 16, 1992 - present.