GipsyX is developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and maintained by the Near Earth Tracking Applications and Systems groups. It replaces the GIPSY-OASIS (GNSS-Inferred Positioning System and Orbit Analysis Simulation Software) software.
- Analysis of data from Global Navigation and Satellite Systems (GNSS):
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Russian GLONASS
- French DORIS
- Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) system
- Precise centimeter-level GNSS-based positioning and timing:
- Space platforms, including low-Earth orbiters and GNSS constellations
- Terrestrial (ground) stations, static or moving
- Time transfer
- Single high-level user interface supports majority of precise positioning applications
- Single-receiver ambiguity resolution using JPL's GPS orbit and clock products
- Documentation accompanying software modules, and online help
- Training at annual GipsyX user group classes, and online
- Hundreds of research and educational users in more than 20 countries
- Builds on more than 35 years of JPL experience with GPS data analysis
- Terrestrial positioning for geophysical research:
- Earth deformation, plate tectonics
- GNSS Networks (e.g. PBO and SCIGN)
- Ice flow
- Climate studies through observation of troposphere and ionosphere
- Reference frame (geocenter and scale) and Earth rotation parameters
- Airplane positioning
- Precise orbit determination
- Low-Earth orbiters: Topex/Poseidon, Jason-1, Jason-2/OSTM, Jason-3, Sentinel-6, NISAR, GRACE, GRACE-FO, Champ, SAC-C, COSMIC, COSMIC-2, DSAC, Space Shuttle (e.g. SRTM), Commercial Satellites
- GNSS constellations including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, QZSS, and IRNSS
- Websites outage
All GipsyX-related websites will be down from approximately 24 hours due to work in the datacenter hosting them. That includes sideshow (orbit and clock products), this website, and the user forum.
- GipsyX-2.2 Release
GipsyX-2.2 has been released. It is available for download by licensed users from the download area.
- GipsyX-2.1 Release
GipsyX-2.1 has been released. It is available for download by licensed users from the download area.
- GipsyX-2.0 Release
GipsyX-2.0 has been released. It is available for download by licensed users from the download area. The major changes relate to processing all data as RINEX3 by default.
- GipsyX-1.7 Release
GipsyX-1.7 has been released. It is available for download by licensed users from the download area.
- GIPSY-OASIS version 6.4.1
Bugfix for 2020-related bug, available for active license holders from the GOA download area.
- Repro3.0 Completed
JPL repro3.0 is now complete. It provides orbit and clock products in the IGS14 reference frame extending back to 1992-08-15 and forward to the present, where it is extended with our weekly Final products.